Project Roles for Ottawa Web Project Manager - Ottawa SaaS Product Manager
Project Roles :
The Web Project Management role may also encompass other roles
The scope of the Web Project Manager role can be quite varied, depending largely on the scale of the project and size of the organization. In a large organization project leadership responsibilities are usually distributed amongst several roles, while in a Start-up, for instance, many of these roles and responsibilities will often come under the Project Manager's purview.
Consulting Project Manager
Responsible for planning, developing a scope of deliverables, negotiating budgets and schedules, and managing resources to complete a client technical project.
- Develops relationships and works closely with client management and team to ensure realistic expectations and project success
- Manages a team of consultants and technical staff providing regular direction, project reviews, assistance and problem resolution as needed.
- Typically has responsibility for project profitability and customer satisfaction
Manages the progress and implementation of technical projects. May lead and manage a cross-functional team toward project goals/completion. Responsibilities may include:
- Developing and implementing project plans and timelines
- Writing project specifications
- Developing project designs
- Creating end-user documentation
- Tracking project success/outcomes
Responsible for directing the activities of a team of specialists, analysts or programmers according to the specific plans, schedules and budgetary requirements for that team.
- Specifies the general requirements of a system
- develops broad system alternatives
- Develops and maintains overall plans and detailed schedules for the tasks assigned to the team, within the context of the overall project plans and budgetary requirements
- Directs team resources within the agreed time and cost parameters and against the stated objectives and milestones
- Performs quality assurance for each project deliverable
Responsible for managing a product from concept and initial design through market launch and rollout.
- Working with marketing and engineering, cultivates new product ideas and evaluates their potential
- Coordinates and monitors all stages of product development including design, engineering, marketing, finance and manufacturing prior to market introduction
- May manage the products entire life cycle and profitability
- Acts as expert resource for sales and customer support groups